1. Information on how to enter forms part of the Terms and Conditions. By participating, individuals accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. Voting is open to all permanent residents of Australia, whilst entry to the competition is open to residents of Australia available to attend the 2015 TV WEEK Logie awards on 3 May 2015. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter to win the prize. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter to win the prize and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
3. The entire voting/competition period commences on 12 January 2015 at 12:01 (AEDST) and concludes on 22 February 2015 at 11:59 (AEDST). The draw will take place on 27 February 2015 at 10:00am (AEDST) at Roy Morgan Research, 401 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC 3000. The winner will be notified in writing, telephone using the contact details given in their entry within seven (7) days of the draw and the winner’s name will be published in TV WEEK on – sale on 16 March 2015.
4. Voting only: To vote only, individuals must, during the promotional period, log onto the TV WEEK Logie Awards website www.tvweeklogieawards.com.au, and follow the specific voting instructions to submit a valid vote in all ten (10) categories.
Multiple votes from the same person are not permitted. For the removal of doubt, only one (1) vote per person per category is permitted.
5. Voting Competition: To enter, individuals must, during the promotional period, log onto the TV WEEK Logie Awards website www.tvweeklogieawards.com.au, and follow the specific voting instructions to submit a valid vote including all personal details requested (including name, address, email address, date of birth and daytime telephone number). Once entrants have submitted a valid vote, they will receive one (1) entry into the competition. If an entrant enters a valid TV WEEK code word (which can be found in all TV WEEK issues on sale during the promotional period), they will receive four (4) additional entries in the draw for this promotion.
6. Entrants must submit the vote in a minimum of seven (7) out of the ten (10) categories to be deemed a valid entry into the competition. Multiple votes from the same person are not permitted. For the removal of doubt, only one (1) vote per person per category is permitted.
7. Only votes completed on the official online voting form found on the TV WEEK Logie Awards website will be accepted, and individuals will only receive (1) entry in this promotion. However, if an entrant submits a TV WEEK code word during submission of their vote, they will receive an additional four (4) entries (a total of five (5) entries) into the draw. Incomplete and incomprehensible votes/entries will be considered ineligible and will be discarded.
8. Entrants must retain the product barcode or original copy of TV Week magazine (from the TV WEEK they purchased during the promotional period) for their entry as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the required product barcode or original copy of the magazine for their entry when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to a prize.
9. The promoter reserves the right to remove any candidates from the Voting survey who are ineligible or who are campaigning in a detrimental way to the spirit of the Awards.
10. Roy Morgan, acting on behalf of Bauer Media Pty Ltd (Bauer Media), publisher of TV WEEK, will verify all votes in accordance with their own verification methods and in conjunction with voting auditors.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter and agencies associated with the promotion reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of votes and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the voting process or who submits a vote that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any votes not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the votes due to any reason whatsoever. A vote will only be counted as being received once it has been received by the Promoter and not when it was sent. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected votes.
14. Please note that access to TV Week Logies Awards website Voting Application may be limited on some mobile, tablet and other portable devices. It is the users responsibility to check their ability to check the functionality of the Application on their device prior to voting.
15. Bauer Media is not responsible for any technical issues that result in the failure of the functionality described above being properly executed on TV Week Logies Awards website.
16. Bauer Media is not responsible if for any reason whatsoever a user is unable to access the TV Week Logies Awards website at the time they intend on doing so. For any issues relating to access on TV Week Logies Awards website – please refer to the respective TV Week Logies Awards website guidelines.
17. Bauer Media reserve the right to keep all Vote Results confidential. Other than the Vote Results required to (without limitations) be revealed to maintain the format of the competition, meet legal requirements etc.
18. Bauer Media reserves the right at its sole discretion to invalidate, discount or disqualify any votes (or individuals casting votes):
a. That tamper with, or attempt to tamper with, the Voting Service and/or process; or
b. Which corrupt or impact, or attempt to corrupt or impact, the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Voting Service (including a TV Week Logies Awards website voting mechanism) and/or the process; or
c. That Bauer Media believe to be submitted via an automated process, including but not limited to computer modems, programs, scripts or any other means other than the Vote Service specified in these Terms and Conditions, will be deemed invalid and discounted; or
d. That Bauer Media considers being manipulative, unrepresentative, disproportionate, obscene or offensive.
19. Users acknowledge that any votes that are discounted, invalidated, or disqualified, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be done so at the absolute discretion of Bauer Media and will still be subject to the charges and costs outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
20. Bauer Media’s decision in relation to all issues related to voting is final and binding on all who participate in relation to the Program and no correspondence will be entered into.
The first (1) valid entry drawn from all entries received in the voting competition will win a trip for two (2) people to the 2015 TV WEEK Logie awards. The prize includes:
• Two (2) x return economy flights from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Melbourne valued at up to $ 2,000 (including airport and airfare taxes) (depending on point of departure),
• One (1) x night’s twin share accommodation at Crown Promenade, Melbourne on the night of 3 May 2015 valued at up to $500.00,
• the opportunity for two (2) people to walk the red carpet at the 2015 TV WEEK Logie awards and to attend the official awards ceremony
• One (1) x official celebrity gift bag valued at up to $1,000
Total prize pool is valued at up to $3,500 (including taxes) (depending on point of departure)
If the winner is a resident of Victoria, then the prize does not include airfare component of the prize. No alternative prize of cash will be awarded in lieu of the airfare.
22. If the winner is unavailable to travel on the dates stipulated by the Promoter, the winner will forfeit the prize which they are unable to redeem. In the event that the winner is unable to redeem the prize on the dates stipulated by the Promoter, and the winner is unable to transfer the prize to a nominated person, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor another prize will be awarded in lieu of the forfeited prize. In the event that the entire prize is forfeited by the winner, the Promoter will award the prize to the next valid entry drawn.
23. In the event the winner is under the age of 18 years, during the entire redemption of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany the winner.
24. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in the event that the 2015 TV WEEK Logie Awards is postponed, cancelled, rescheduled or relocated for any reason whatsoever.
25. Double pass to the 2015 TV WEEK Logie Awards includes 2 seats at a table (meal included only) at the 2015 TV WEEK Logie Awards. The location/seat of the table will be determined by the promoter at its complete discretion, and guests will be notified at the event. Any other meals and drinks (unless specified) are at the expense of winner. (The double pass is a general admission only and does not include participation in any initiation or restricted access components of the event).
26. The Prize must be redeemed in full and as a package on 3 May 2015 to coincide with the 2015 TV WEEK Logie Awards. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the prize is not redeemed on this date, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash, nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu of the prize being forfeited.
27. Hotel Accommodation is subject to Availability or change without notice.
28. Changes to flight schedules may require additional overnight accommodation at either commencement, during the itinerary, or on completion of the trip which is at the winners expense
29. The winner (and their companion) are responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to taxes, surcharges, spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs.
30. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at check-in of the hotel for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
31. Prize values are based upon the full fare prices at the time of competition terms lodgement. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
32. Unless expressly stated in these conditions of entry all other expenses (including travel to and from the departure point) become the responsibility of the winner.
33. The winner (and any companions) must travel on the same dates, depart from and return to the same point of departure and travel together. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Standard conditions for tickets and accommodation apply. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have all relevant documentation included but not limited to passports/visas in order to travel. All elements of the prize must be taken together within the one trip. The winner will not be compensated for unused portions of the prize.
34. All prizes must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
35. The tickets to the 2015 TV WEEK Logie Awards is subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject the winner (and/or his/her companion) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize.
36. The winner and their guest must not engage in any illegal or unsafe behaviour whilst participating in the prize. To the extent allowable by law, the Promoter and its partners exclude any legal liability or responsibility for legal or otherwise incidents or activities engaged in by the winner or their guest during participation in the prize.
37. If the prize remains unclaimed by 10am AEST on 10/4/15 an unclaimed prize draw will take place at the same place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter reserves the right to draw reserves and record them in the order drawn in the event that the original person drawn or subsequent reserve is deemed ineligible. In order to be eligible to take the prize, the individual must verbally confirm when called by the Promoter that they can take the prize on the nominated date and complied with the terms and conditions. The Promoter will attempt to contact the first person drawn by telephone on five (5) separate occasions. If the first person drawn confirms that they are eligible to take the prize via telephone when the Promoter attempts to contact them, they will be deemed the winner. If the first person drawn cannot confirm that they are eligible to take the prize when called by the Promoter on any of the five (5) separate occasions they will be deemed ineligible. The Promoter will then attempt to contact the second person drawn and the same process as applied to the first person regarding confirming their eligibility to take the prize will apply to the second person drawn. This process will continue until such time as either the Promoter confirms that a person drawn in can take the prize. The unclaimed prize draw winner, if one is required, will be notified in writing within 2 days of being confirmed and published in TV WEEK on-sale from 27/4/15.
38. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
39. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
40. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
41. The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
42. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize
43. It is a condition of participating in the competition that the entrants agree to be interviewed, photographed and filmed at any time during the redemption of the prize or their entry or part of their entry to be used by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature on this promotion to be developed and featured in TV WEEK magazine, website or social media pages (or any other form of media it deems suitable) without further remuneration or reference to the participant. Details may feature in TV WEEK magazine, website or social media pages on a date to be determined by the Promoter. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
44. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
45. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to invalidate any votes/entries which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or entries/votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts.
46. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant/voter; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
47. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
48. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
49. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
50. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts your ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, you are still eligible to enter however you must briefly state your circumstances upon entry.
51. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
52. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
53. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
54. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
56. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.
57. Authroised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPS/14/09224 ACT: TP14/04061