Fabulous frock? Tick! Fabulous jewels? Tick! Killer heels? Tick! Manky feet? Uh-oh…
A less-than-perfect pedicure will let your sexy strappy sandals or flirty peep-toe heels down faster than you can say 'who are you wearing?' Get set to give those tootsies some pampering.
- Add some milk to a basin/bowl of warm water and soak your feet for 10 minutes. The milk, which contains lactic acid, will soften and loosen tough, dead skin. Follow by massaging and sloughing off the dead skin with an exfoliating scrub or pumice stone.
- Dry feet thoroughly with a soft, fluffy towel and apply lashings of rich, creamy, foot moisturiser. Concentrate on the soles of your feet, heels and in between toes.
- Trim toenails (if necessary) and file in one direction, straight across to avoid ingrown toenails. Apply cuticle oil and using an orange stick, gently push back cuticles.
- Clean cuticle oil and moisturiser from toenails with a cotton wool ball soaked in nail polish remover. Allow to dry.
- Toe separators are cheap and make painting smudge-free toenails easier. Invest in some.
- Start by painting toenails with a base coat, essential for avoiding staining your toenails with strong nail colour. Allow to dry. Follow with two coats of your favourite nail polish. Allow to dry. Seal colour with a top coat and quick-dry nail product.
- Clean up any wayward polish on and around toes with a cotton wool bud dipped in nail polish remover.
- Avoid smudges by allowing sufficient time to dry before slipping into your killer heels.